Although synthetic wigs requires very little care and maintenance, it is important to care for your wig properly in order to extend the life span and keep your wig looking great longer. Here are tips to help guide wearing, cleansing, and maintaining for synthetic hair.
1. First make sure your hair is as smooth as possible
2. Pin up the long hair
3. Put a wig cap on (optional)
4. Adjust the straps as needed
5. Put the wig on in a front to back motion
6. Position the front of your wigs
7. Push the front of the wig back until it rests slightly below your natural hairline
8. Then style to your desire
1. Gently detangle the hair using a wide-tooth comb or wig brush.
2. Holding the wig in your hands, wet with lukewarm water.
3. Select a shampoo that is specially designed for synthetic wigs and gently work it through hair from top to bottom with your fingers.
4. Apply a small amount of Leave-In Conditioner from mid-shaft to the ends.
5. Wait a few minutes before rinsing the conditioner out with lukewarm (not hot) water.
6. Gently pat dry with a towel. Avoid wringing or twisting.
7. Comb wet hair from the bottom to top using gentle downward strokes one section at a time. Never begin combing at the top or middle and always comb down.
8. FINGER comb for curly or wavy styles.
9. Air dry the synthetic wig on a wig stand.